Wednesday, December 10, 2008

being far away is helping me let go - by b

One of the really positive aspects of this time here for me has been a somewhat changed relationship with my work. I'm not working less... but I am working differently. The distance is forcing me to delegate more ... which allows me to focus on higher-order tasks and responsibilities. Here is a link to a story from my daily work blog that is a snapshot of the letting go process. It's about how last Saturday night here I felt I had to help on a video shoot from 6,000 miles away. I set myself up for a night of heavy work.. and quickly realized it wasn't necessary. I learned that I didn't really need to be on the video shoot for say more than the first half hour. I COULD have gone to hear classical spanish guitar at a friend's house after all (it being Saturday NIGHT!)