Tuesday, September 8, 2009

pretty fantastic, really - by b


"La Pedrera" is one of the most famous buildings in Barcelona. It's on what I think is one of the most beautiful boulevards --- Passeig de Gracia. The building is designed by Gaudi. "La Pedrera" is actually a nickname.... the formal name is La Casa MilĂ . Above is a photo (credit: tapse via creative commons/flickr).

My new office (a shared office situation just like what Rassak has in SF) is two doors down from La Pedrera on Passeig de Gracia. We almost lived down there, but opted in the end to stay up on the mountain near school.

I have spent my second day at the office today... very productive.

I'm also feeling a bit better because it seems, as of tonight, that we have a agreement on our lease for our apartment.

But what is really fantastic is that I feel happily on the same wavelength as Kristin here. How much is that worth? Over summertime in California we were very disconnected. It's not perfect or even easy here yet, but somehow I feel like her partner in all this. As I have read her last two blog posts, I just feel in sync with her. Not out of sync.

It's a mixture of things... jetlag easing, getting situated, seeing people again, finding resolution on our apartment... connecting with kristin.... it's a mix...and things are looking up.